Health and Safety Policy
Engineered Surface Systems, hereafter known as ESS, firmly believes that a safety program is essential to being one of the leaders in the industry. We take pride in promoting safety and quality on a daily basis. Our company safety policy reads as follows:
The management of ESS declares and commits to the prevention of injury and ill health of our workers and our
guiding principles which include that health and safety shall never be compromised for our workers. The following
points summarize our corporate overall health and safety goals:
- ESS management declares a commitment to health and safety.
- ESS shall comply with applicable government regulations.
- ESS shall comply with our own health and safety standards.
- To have a healthy and safe place to work composed of individuals who choose to make safe decisions,
- follow requirements and contribute to the process of health and safety.
- Our documented safety management system shall form the basis for all operations undertaken by ESS.
- ESS will provide appropriate training in use of equipment, safe work practices and procedures and handling of hazardous materials.
Our overall health and safety objectives are:
- Workers at all levels are responsible and accountable for ESS health and safety. Active participation by everyone, every day, and in every job, is necessary for health and safety excellence and is the expectation at ESS for every work site.
- All management, workers, contractors and visitors shall promptly report all work related near misses, injuries, diseases, incidents, unsafe acts and conditions and actively participate in our health and safety process and attend all required health and safety training.
- Everyone shall follow safety rules, safe work policies and procedures and cooperate with ESS in working towards improved safety.
- All managers will accept direct responsibility and accountability for all matters relating to health and safety for the workers and/or contractors they supervise directly and/or indirectly.
- All supervisors and managers will deal promptly with worker and contractor health and safety concerns and will advise workers and/or contractors of actual and potential hazards that are known by the manager or supervisor.
- All supervisors, managers and contractors will review any incident investigation and facilitate the corresponding corrective action plan.
- All supervisors, managers and contractors will implement and enforce health and safety rules, regulations, policies, procedures and prescribed instructions in a fair and consistent manner.
- Workers will be involved in writing or revising our health and safety policy. Changes will be disseminated in the same manner.
- We will ensure this policy is communicated to all workers and/or contractors under our control. This policy is to be posted on all ESS bulletin boards, reception areas, included in worker handbooks and discussed during new worker orientation.